Benefits to joining the NZSA:
- As a member of your professional association, you will be supporting our commitment to your specialty, optimal patient safety and care, and our wider NZ health system. Your support will help us build a strong, connected anaesthesia society – especially through our sub-specialty networks.
- You will be kept updated on current issues and news through our communication channels including our member publications (E-Zine and magazine), member emails and social media.
- You’ll also have access to the Members Only section of the website, which has resources such as the Relative Value Guide and the Health and Safety Resource which covers requirements under the Health and Safety of Work Act 2015.
- As a full member you also automatically receive a subscription to the Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Journal, an international journal publishing timely, peer reviewed articles associated with anaesthesia, intensive care medicine, and pain medicine.
- Access to a free online mindfulness course inspired by modern, science-backed techniques, in partnership with Ovio.
- Access to our Members Benefits Directory with a range of discounts and offerings from various businesses and organisations
- Financial benefits: Members receive a range of discounts for conferences (NZ and overseas), trainee courses, hotel chain accommodation and Koru Club membership
Membership fees can be claimed back from your DHB as a work-related expense, so there are many reasons to join