Invitation for NZSA Executive Committee Member Enquiries
The NZSA Executive is looking to expand and invites enquiries from any interested members.
The Executive Committee (EC) supports the work of the NZSA, driving the values and mission of the Society. Providing strategic governance, members of the executive develop and implement the NZSA’s strategic plan and are the trusted advisors to the CEO.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to contribute towards the future of Anaesthesia in Aotearoa New Zealand. Ideal for anyone who is passionate about the NZSA’s mission to serve through advocacy, community connection and educational opportunities whilst promoting sustainable processes.
Personally, you will be afforded the opportunity to:
- Foster connections with colleagues across the motu.
- Be involved in special projects such as the provision of educational events, advocacy, patient resources and special interest groups.
- Develop your leadership and strategic governance skills. In addition, the EC has a commitment to the ongoing development of its members through the provision of governance training.
- Apply your strengths and passions to advancing the specialty of Anaesthesia and improving health outcomes for the people of Aotearoa.
- Attend stakeholder meetings and provide insight towards discussions relating to Anaesthesia in New Zealand with various health organisations and stakeholders.
- Broaden your international connections through the NZSA’s international relationships including our CIG consisting of the Australian Society of Anaesthetists, Association of Anaesthetists, American Society of Anaesthesiologists, South African Society of Anaesthesiologists and Canadian Anaesthesiologists’ Society. With invitations arising to attend meetings and events.
In addition, all EC members provide NZSA representation across the Society’s many portfolios including education, private practice, paediatrics, obstetrics, assistant to the anaesthetist, environmental and sustainability, global health, airway, submissions and more.
If you would like to know more contact NZSA CEO, Michele Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org