Specialist Anaesthetists with Intensive Care Skills – Nelson Hospital
Nelson Marlborough Health seeks two experienced Anaesthetists with Intensive Care skill sets to join both the Anaesthesia and Intensive Care teams
- Two permanent, part-time positions of 0.75 FTE (60 hours a fortnight)
- Join a team of talented individuals who work together to make a positive difference
- Make a lifestyle choice – live and work in one of New Zealand’s most sought after regions
- Nelson Hospital, Nelson, New Zealand
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
The successful candidates will do the following:
- Deliver quality services to improve heath of the population in the Nelson region
- Work with both the Intensive Care and Anaesthesia teams
- Join a team of two Intensivists. The main proportion of time will be working in the ICU environment
- Participate in an Intensive Care daytime roster and an Intensive Care after-hours 1:7 on call roster. The FTE allocated also allows NMDHB the opportunity to address acute surgery flow with any clinical time not undertaken in the ICU environment being undertaken across day time anaesthesia, with a supportive anaesthesia team of 16
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
The ideal candidate will do the following:
- Bring their expertise and experience to an acute secondary care hospital and contribute to advanced care of the acute patients in the region
- Senior experience in Intensive Care Medicine is essential as you will be working across both the Anaesthesia and Intensive Care teams
- Hold Fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (FANZCA) or equivalent
- Be eligible for an Annual Practising Certificate with a vocational scope of Anaesthesia with the Medical Council of New Zealand
- Fit into a cohesive team culture of collaborative practice, openness, humour and respect across disciplines
- Collegiality and collaboration across all disciplines are key to our delivery of a successful service to our patients and our community. A strong sense of community and belonging is reflected in everything we do. If this sounds like the sort of environment that you will thrive in, then we want to hear from you!
Eligibility for Medical Council of New Zealand registration can be checked via this link https://www.mcnz.org.nz/registration/getting-registered/tool/
Ngā huanga o tēnei mahi (The benefits of this position)
The salary for this position is based on the current Senior Medical and Dental Officer collective agreement dependent on skills, experience, and vocational registration in NZ. Link
In addition to your salary you will have the following:
- Receive a generous annual allowance cover your continued medical education expenses (including associated travel and accommodation costs) as well as paid time off to attend events including international conferences
- Have access to an employer matched Superannuation contribution of up to six percent of annual earnings
- Be reimbursed competitive relocation, accommodation and car rental expenses (conditions apply)
This is an incredible region of Aotearoa – New Zealand with a lovely climate boasting some of the highest annual sunshine hours year after year and is a wonderful place to work and enjoy life. The schools are excellent, and Nelson is well connected to the rest of New Zealand and the world via its centrally located and well served domestic airport terminal.
There are three national parks nearby providing ample opportunities for quality family-time and appreciation of nature’s wonders. The region is renowned for its breath-taking natural landscapes, with stunning geography capturing everything from unbelievably long golden beaches to rugged mountains and untouched forests.
These magnificent features offer endless opportunities for mountain biking, walking/hiking, water sports and skiing. The region is also well known for its café culture, wineries, art, crafts, and relaxed lifestyle. To explore all these ingredients for a better work/life balance, please visit https://www.nelsontasman.nz/ and https://www.newzealand.com/nz/nelson-tasman/
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
Nelson Marlborough Health is the main health provider for the region serving a population of approximately 150,000. Nearly 3,000 strong, we are the largest employer in the region. Our main locations are Nelson and Wairau Hospitals but we are spread across the region and service all parts of the community. Our work can be challenging, but we are up for it. We have a great team and we work hard to make a difference. We value integrity, innovation, respect and teamwork.
Ētahi atu mōhiohio (More information)
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For general enquiries please contact our recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org or +64 3 546 1274.
For role specific information please contact the following:
- Gillian Champion – Manager Surgical Services, Gillian.Champion@nmdhb.govt.nz.
- Alex Browne – Director ICU & Co-Lead Anaesthesia, email@example.com.
- Matt Scott – Co-Lead Anaesthesia, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keen to apply now, please fill in our online application form https://nmdhb.careercentre.net.nz. Application via email is not considered.
Please note: In line with the COVID-19Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Amendment Order 2021 all NMH staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 with the approved vaccines.
Applications close Thursday, 12 May 2022.
Nelson Marlborough Health strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.